Monday, January 12, 2015

Eyenstein of the WEEK!

Congrats to our Eyenstein of the Week, Miss President Elaine Ngo! This girl has a busy week waiting for her and we just want to let her Ngo that we're all cheering her on :)

Let's get to know our President a little better, shall we?


1. How’s your experience as president so far?

Elaine: "It’s pretty good! I’ve gotten to know our professors and classmates a little bit better. 2nd year is pretty crazy so its tough to deal with the scheduling sometimes, but it’s an awesome feeling when I get the chance to handle a problem and alleviate everyone’s stress!"

                                                         Puppies definitely alleviate stress


2. How are you planning on spending your Spring Break?

Elaine: "If my funds permit… I’m hoping to do some traveling over spring break (Portland, NYC with the homies maybe??). If that doesn’t happen, going home to good ol’ SF will definitely do"


                                                                    Momma Ngos best :)



3. What would we most likely catch you doing when you’re not studying?

Elaine: "Probably eating or exploring! I just love to eat in, eat out, eat around the clock (my roomies know this all too well)… New restaurants and new places is totally my thing. I also love playing sports -- volleyball, football, softball, snowboarding, I love it all."

                                                   Elaine showing off her spidey senses :)

4. What did you do over break?

Elaine: "I spent a lot of time catching up with family and friends back home, too many holiday dinners to count… and I took a day trip up to Tahoe for snowboarding which was so fun! I wish I could chill out and hit the slopes every day!!"


When she's not owning school, she's owning the mountains


5. Tell us something that we don’t know about you.

Elaine: "Hmm I feel like I’m a pretty open book, but I used to play the trumpet in middle school… I was born without one of my adult teeth (my mandibular lateral incisor for you teeth lovers)… and I used to teach little kids how to swim at UCSF"


You can catch Elaine's reviews on Yelp!


Coming up this week…
Contact Lens Lab Proficiencies - RGP Analysis, Keratometry, Lid Eversion
Final RGPs are due on January 12th by 5pm.
Monday 1/12
2pm EBP Midterm 1
Tuesday 1/13

Wednesday 1/14

Thursday 1/15
8am Contact Lens Midterm 2
Friday 1/16
12pm Systemic Pharm Review
Saturday 1/17
Stress Recess: Yoga @12pm

Updates:
Practice supplies for Contact Lens are available for checkout in the library.
Events to look out for:
Badge Reel/Penlight fundraiser has been extended -- New Deadline: Friday, January 16th -- Payments made by Cash/Check to “SCCO Class of 2017”/Venmo to Sarah Kim.
Blaze Pizza Fundraiser - Thursday, January 22nd, 5-10pm
Ping Pong Tournament Sign-Ups: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Sfb7NHL-ncBBOmuc8WVhQsrbYTJh1rFz9X4CPpbpNeU/viewform
MBKU's Got Talent!! Sign Ups:  https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ltQivPca66bQ85HHTsynBzWhMwA5mD_XdYnndA0ofcs/viewform?usp=send_form


A Message from Miss Presidente-

Dr. Alexander’s Damage Control Meeting:
Here are my shorthand notes from Dr. Alexander’s meeting with SA board… The news shocked all of us, so I hope this clears up a few things. If you have any questions or concerns that you would like to address, please let me or any of the cabinet members know and we’ll try to figure something out. Dr. Alexander is planning to post a video of the meeting soon, I also have an audio copy (unfortunately about 10-15 minutes of it was cut out because my phone ran out of memory… but I have it if anyone wants to hear the raw footage!!)
Anaheim building not final, OC Register jumped the gun when announcing the deal, MBKU is hoping to close the deal by the end of the month.
If the deal goes through, MBKU will be working on the details -- shuttle service, who is moving where, class schedules to allow for travel time between campuses, etc.
Plan is to move the eye care clinic to the Anaheim location. Brand new state of the art clinic with optometry, pharmacy, and PA -- the ultimate IPE clinic.
Old clinic will be turned into a building for didactic programs.
All plans to be put in place by Fall of 2016 (if things go as expected).
The firehouse next door to our campus is in the process of being purchased by MBKU -- which will most likely to be turned into parking area.
Budget is paid for by Bonds -- I’m still curious to see what our tuition breakdown is so I will be working on getting a budget breakdown for us soon.

Don't forget to order your badge reels/penlights by this friday y'all!!

have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment