Monday, January 26, 2015

EOTW Week 9

EOTW goes to.....Miss Sarah Kim!!! Congrats!! And that's "EYEstein of the Week" by the way and not the "End of the World." Although Pharm. does make us feel like the end of the world is coming...

Have no fear because the quarter is almost over and Miss Sarah Kim is here to lead us to the bright light at the end of the tunnel!


Let's get to know her a little better, shall we?



1. What is the most memorable moment on your trip to Italy and where will you go next?

Italy was amazing! My favorite spot was cinque terre, a region with five towns by the water. IT'S BEAUTIFUL! We did a 1.5 hour hike but I was not prepared for it so I hiked in boots and jeans. I thought it was going to rain but it was super sunny and the hike was difficult. I plan to go to Seattle for spring break and Missouri and some tropical place this summer. 




2. Tell us more about your interests.

My interests include Netflix and eating out




3. How do you like being class VP? Can you tell us about your position and what you most enjoy about it?

It is definitely more work than I thought but the rest of the cabinet has definitely taken some of the load off. As class Vice President I plan fundraisers and events such as the ETOYB with Tiffany and the rest of the cabinet! Btw! ETOYB DATE IS MAY 21st so mark your calendars!!! I enjoy having input in the event planning and voicing the opinion of fellow classmates.



4. If you weren't going to Optometry school right now, what would you be doing instead?

If I weren't in optometry school I would probably be working somewhere as a civil engineer because that was my major for half of my undergraduate studies.



5. What's your favorite memory from SCCO so far?

My favorite memory at SCCO when it was still SCCO was making friends and getting to know my classmates. My favorite memory at what is now MBKU is either Dr. Ng's interview with Brad or when Siri told Dr Borsting she did not understand because that's how I felt








Updates for WEEK 9:
1.    Case Analysis MT2 - Dr. Myung has agreed to our proposal of having the Online Case be due Monday (2/2) and having the in-class Multiple Choice Midterm on Thursday (2/5). I am still waiting for the details, but I’ll let everyone know as soon as I find out.
2.    Contact Lens Practice Stuff:
a.    CL solutions available for check-out in the library.
b.    Solutions, NaFl, Q-tips - there is a box in C218 and one in C225. Please return the appropriate boxes to their home when you’re done.
c.    Burton lamps - available in C225
3.    EBP Final officially moved to Monday, Feb 9 @1-3pm
4.    NaFl workshops have been set up with Dr. Edrington, Dr. Lam, and Dr. Chang this week. Please take advantage of these extra hours in preparation for our final proficiency week 10.
 .              Monday (1/26) @6pm - rm 218
a.            Tuesday (1/27) @6pm - rm 218
b.            Sunday (2/1) @12:15pm - rm 218


Coming up this week…

Monday 1/26
6pm - NaFl Workshop @C218
Tuesday 1/27
6pm - NaFl Workshop @C218
Wednesday 1/28
Thursday 1/29
8am - Pharmacology MT2
Friday 1/30
12pm - Pharmacology TA Review
5:30pm - Ping Pong Tournament
Saturday 1/31
Sunday 2/1
12:15pm - NaFl Workshop @C218



We got a crazy couple of weeks lined up… but we’re all in this together :) Good luck studying everyone! 


No comments:

Post a Comment