Sunday, December 14, 2014

Last week until VACATION!

Congrats to our newest EYEnstein of the week, Sophia!!

Who didn't instantly fall in love with our little Sophia after meeting her?! Let's get to know this bubbly girl better :)





1. What is your favorite song right now and why?

"This is a tough one! It depends on my mood. But the one I can always jam to is Blank Space- T. Swift because she mentions "Starbucks"...oh wait..."




2. I know you like taking "fat" pictures. Could you tell us how this started and there has to be a back story. haha

"I had an app on my phone that gave people double chins and it made me die of laughter ever single time!"



3. Do you have a hidden talent? What is it?

"Like any other child of asian parents, I took piano lessons for a good portion of my youth. I was pretty good back then! I haven't played in years though...so don't ask me to play now haha"





4. What interested you in Optometry?

"I love how you're able to help people with one of the most important senses-sight! And you can do so non-invasively.The family friendly life-style and flexible hours are a plus too!"



5. What are your plans for the holidays?

"I'll be traveling back up to the bay to celebrate Christmas early with my family. I hope it's still not raining up there!"




Weekly Update:


Only two exams and one week standing in our way until we are home and free for Winter Break!!
  1. Cornea and Contact Lens lecture has been rescheduled to 12pm on Wednesday (12/17). No lectures on Friday!!
  2. Contact Lens Project - as a tip from Dr. Chang, try not to work on the project on either… [1] Christmas Day or [2] January 12th, the day that it’s due.
  3. Update for Case Analysis - there will be an online component to Midterm 1. The date the quiz will open and due date are still TBA, stay tuned for an announcement from Dr. Myung or Dr. Lee.
  4. Tutoring for Case Analysis will be bi-weekly on Wednesdays @12pm. The dates will be posted on the class calendar.
  5. Just a heads up… our secretaries have worked very hard trying pester the 3rd year class cabinet to gather as many test files from professors as they could. It’s hard to get files now that most exams are secured. In case you were wondering, there are no contact lens midterm 1 practice problems, sorry if this confused anyone.
  6. Wear an ugly sweater or something festive to school this Tuesday to celebrate the upcoming Holidays!  

Coming up this week…
Monday 12/15

Tuesday 12/16
8am - Pharmacology Midterm
EYEnstein Ugly Sweater Day!!
Wednesday 12/17
12pm - Cornea and Contact Lens Lecture
Thursday 12/18
8am - Binocular Vision Midterm
Friday 12/19
EBP Lecture Cancelled
Contact Lens Lecture Cancelled
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Safe travels home everyone, we hope you have a happy holiday with your friends and family.







No comments:

Post a Comment